Dr. Enamundram Chandrasekhar
Department of Earth Sciences
Phone : +91-22-2576 7257
esekhar [at] iitb.ac.in
- Geo-electromagnetic Induction Studies Using Satellite and Ground Magnetic Data
- Magnetotelluric Studies
- Electrical Resistivity Imaging Studies
- Wavelet and Multiresolution Analyses in Geomagnetism and Geophysics
- Fractal and Multifractal Analyses in Geomagnetism and Geophysics
- Geophysical Signal Processing
Recently Published Book
With a Foreword by Prof. Roddam Narasimha, FRS
- GP 503 & 507: Geophysical Signal Processing & Lab
- GP 505 & 509: Electromagnetic Induction Methods & Lab
- GP 402 & 408: Gravity and Magnetic Methods & Lab
- GP 404: Electrical Methods and Potential Field theory
- GS 517: Solid Earth and Exploration Geophysics
- GS 663: Exploration Geophysics
- GS 792: Communication Skills
- GS 899: Communication Skills
- GS 858: Rock Magnetism
- GS 825: Geomagnetism and Space magnetism
- GS 792: Communication Skills
- GS 899: Communication Skills
- Ph.D. (Physics); University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India. Ph.D title: Determination of Deep Earth Electrical Conductivity Using Long Period Geomagnetic Variations
- M.Sc (Tech) in Geophysics Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
- B.Sc (Maths, Physics and Chemistry), Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
- Professor, September 2014 – Till date
- Associate Professor, February 2009 – August 2014
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
- Assistant Professor, November 2004 to February 2009
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
- Technical Officer, January 1995 to October 2004
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Mumbai, India
- Research Associate, December 1990 to January 1995
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Mumbai, India
- Project Associate, December 1989 to November 1990
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur, India
- Geo-electromagnetic Induction studies using Satellite and Ground Magnetic Data
- Magnetotelluric and ERT Studies
- Wavelets and Fractals in Earth System Sciences
- Nonlinear Geophysical Signal Analysis Techniques
- For the first time, identified a conspicuous 210-day periodicity in CHAMP satellite magnetic data using wavelet analysis. (Ref: Kunagu et al., 2013, Geophys. J. Int.)
- For the first time, provided a new hypothesis for the subsurface fault regime in Kachchh region using Magnetotelluric studies (Ref: Chandrasekhar et al., 2012, Geophys. J. Int.)
- Successfully implemented wavelet analysis technique for effective delineation of hydrocarbon pay zones in Bombay offshore region (Ref: Chandrasekhar and Rao, 2012, Math. Geo Sci.)
- Studied the phase characteristics of global and local geomagnetic jerk features using complex wavelets and for the first time, identified the presence of local geomagnetic jerk features in Indian magnetic observatory data (Ref: Chandrasekhar et al., 2013, In: E. Chandrasekhar et al. (Eds.), Wavelets and Fractals in Earth System Sciences, published by CRC Press, Taylor and Francis group, UK).
- For the first time, determined the conductivity-depth profile beneath the Indian sub-continent using long-period geomagnetic variations (Ref: Chandrasekhar, E., 2000, Earth Planets and Space)
- Vikram M. Gadre: Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay.
- T.K. Biswal: Department of Earth Sciences, IIT Bombay.
- George Mathew: Department of Earth Sciences, IIT Bombay.
- Associate Editor, Arabian Journal of Geosciences
- Member, Executive Committee of the IUGG Commission of Mathematical Geophysics (CMG) 2019-2023.
- Member, Students Affairs Committee of International Association of Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG)
- Member, Scientific Committee of the 19th Annual Conference of the international Association of Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG), held in September 2018, in Olomouc, Czech Republic.
- Outstanding Reviewer for Journal of Geochemical Exploration (Elsevier), May 2017.
- Chair and Co-Chair for two technical sessions at the 17th international conference of IAMG, September 2015, Freiberg (Saxony), Germany.
- DAAD Visiting Fellowship, GFZ, Potsdam, Germany, 2010.
- Visiting Scientist, Observatorio Nacional, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2003-04.
- JSPS Post-doctoral Fellow, Kyoto Japan, 2000-2002.
- Member, R & D Council, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai – 625015, Tamil Nadu. (May 2021 – Till date)
- Member, Advisory Committee of Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad (Affiliated to JNTU Hyderabad) (February 2021 – Till date)
- Mentor and Performance Auditor to three engineering colleges under TEQIP-KITE Phase-III of MHRD, Govt. of India (2018-till date)
- Associate Faculty, IDP-ET, IIT Bombay (July 2017 – Till date)
- Member of Advisory council of Centre of Excellence in “Atmospheric Remote Sensing and Advanced Signal Processing” of Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. (2014-2016).
- Member Selection Committee for faculty positions in IITs and other Universities.
- Member Selection Committee for scientist positions at National Research Institutes.
- Member selection committee of Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Govt. of India.
- Research proposals submitted to
- National Science Foundation (USA)
- Indo-US Sicence and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
- Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (Formerly Georgia NSF)
- The Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research -CEFIPRA
- Ministry of Earth Sciences (Govt. of India)
- Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India).
- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Govt. of India.
- Research papers for the peer reviewed journals :
- Physica A (Elsevier)
- Earth Planets and Space (Springer)
- Geophysical Journal International (Oxford)
- Tectonophysics (Elsevier)
- Near Surface Geophysics (EAGE journal)
- Mathematical Geosciences (Springer)
- Journal of Geochemical exploration (Elsevier)
- Journal of Earth System Sciences (Springer)
- Journal of Asian Earth Sciences (Elsevier)
- Journal of Geological Society of India (Springer)
- Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering (Elsevier)
- Geomatics Natural Hazards and Risk (Taylor and Francis)
- Current Science (Current Science Association, Bangalore, India)
- Chinese Journal of Geophysics (—)
- Arabian Journal of Geosciences (Elsevier)
- Special IAGA volume 2011. (Springer)
- CSIR Young Scientist Award applicants.
- Ph.D theses of (i) IIT-Kharagpur, (ii) IIT-ISM Dhanbad, (iii) Osmania University, Hyderabad, (iv) Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, (v) Mumbai University, Mumbai and (vi) Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, (vii) Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU)
- BOOK EDITED
- Chandrasekhar, E., Dimri, V.P. and Gadre, V.M., 2013, Wavelets and Fractals in Earth System Sciences, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis group, U.K.
- SHORT COURSE
- Chandrasekhar, E., 2017, Characterization of Geophysical Signals Using Multifractal Analysis, delivered at the 18th Annual conference of the International Association of Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG 2017), on September 02, 2017, at Perth, Australia.
- LIST OF RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS
- Chandrasekhar, E. and Ansari, R. A., 2021, Signal Processing in Geosciences, In Daya Sagar, B.S., Cheng, Q, McKinley, J. and Agterberg, F. (eds.), Earth Sciences Series, Encyclopedia of Mathematical Geosciences, Springer Nature publishers (Accepted. In Press).
- Jayaswal, V., Gairola, G.S. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2021, Identification of the typical frequency range associated with subsurface gas zones: A study using Hilbert-Huang transform and wavelet analysis, Arab. J. Geo. Sci. 14, 335, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12517-021-06606-5 (PDF).
- Mohanty, S, Khati, U., Singh, G. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2020, Correction of amplitude scintillation effect in fully polarimetric SAR coherency matrix data, ISPRS J. Photo. Rem. Sens., 164, 184-199 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2020.04.005) (PDF).
- Bhardwaj, S., Chandrasekhar, E. Seemala, G. K. and Gadre, V. M., 2020, Characterization of ionospheric total electron content using wavelet-based multifractal formalism, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, 134, 109653, (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2020.109653). (PDF).
- Bhardwaj, S., Chandrasekhar, E., Padiyar, P. and Gadre, V. M., 2020, A comparative study of wavelet-based ANN and classical techniques for geophysical time-series forecasting, Computers and Geosciences, 138, 104461, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2020.104461 (PDF)
- Bhardwaj, S., Gadre, V. M. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2020, Statistical analysis of DWT coefficients of fGn processes using ARFIMA (p,d,q) models, Physica A, 547, 124404. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2020.124404) (PDF).
- Chandrasekhar, E., Ramesh, D. and Biswal, T. K., 2018, Magnetotelluric evidence on the southward extension of the Eastern Ghats mobile belt from Ongole, India, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 164, 23-32 doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2018.06.009 (PDF)
- Gairola, G. S. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2017, Heterogeneity Analysis of Geophysical Well-log Data Using Hilbert Huang Transform, Physica A, 478, 131-142, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2017.02.029 (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E., Prabhudesai, S. S., Seemala, G. K. and Shenvi, N., 2016, Multifractal Detrended Fluctuation Analysis of Ionospheric Total Electron Content Data During Solar Minimum and Maximum, J. Atmos. Sol. Terr. Phys., 149, 31-39, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jastp.2016.09.007. (PDF)
- Subhakar, D. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2016, Reservoir Characterization Using Multifractal Detrended Fluctuation Analysis of Geophysical Well-log Data, Physica A, 445, 57-65. doi:10.1016/j.physa.2015.10.103 (PDF) (Cited in https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-11669-0)
- Subhakar, D. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2015, Detrended Fluctuation Analysis of Geophysical Well-log Data, In. V. P. Dimri (Ed.) Fractal Solutions for Understanding Complex Systems in Earth Sciences, Springer International Publishing (2nd Edition), Switzerland, Pp: 47-65, doi:10.1007/978-3-319-24675-8_4 (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E., Subhakar, D and Vishnu Vardhan, Y., 2015, Multifractal Analysis of Geomagnetic Storms, Reviewed Proc. of the 17th Annual Conference of the Intl. Assoc. Math. Geosci. (Editors: Helmut Schaben et al.), ISBN: 978-3-00-050337-5 (DVD), Pp: 1122-1127. (PDF)
- Tiwari, S. K., Biswal, T. K., Ramesh, D. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2015, The Groundwater modelling and resource management by geological mapping: A case study from Ambaji basin, Gujarat NW India, Proc. of the India Int. Sci. Festival- Young Scientists’ Meet, Dec 4-8, 2015, DST, Govt. of India, (36), 1-13. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E., Ramesh, D, Gurav, T. and Biswal, T. K., 2014, Assessment of Groundwater Salinity in Nellore District Using Multi-electrode Resistivity Imaging Technique, J. Earth Sys. Sci., 123 (8), 1809-1817, doi:10.1007/s12040-014-0506-0. (PDF)
- Singla, T., Chandrasekhar, E., Singh, B. P. and Parmananda, P., 2014, Experimental observation of complete and anticipation synchronization of heterogeneous oscillators using a common dynamical environment, Eur. Phys. J. Special Topics, 223 (13), 2789-2797, doi:10.1140/epjst/e2014-02292-9. (PDF)
- Balasubramaniam, V. R., Jha, P. C., Chandrasekhar, E., Butchi Babu, B., Sivaram, Y. V., and Sandeep, N., 2013, Imaging weak zones in the foundation using frequency domain attenuation tomography, J. Appl. Geophys., 97, 97-106, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jappgeo.2013.06.003. (PDF)
- Balasubramaniam, V. R., Jha, P. C. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2013, Imaging near surface defects using step-frequency ground-penetrating radar, Near surface Geophysics, 11, 19-27, doi:10.3997/1873-0604.2012044. (PDF)
- Kunagu, P., Balasis, G., Lesur, V. Chandrasekhar, E. and Papadimitriou, C., 2013, Wavelet characterization of external magnetic sources as observed by CHAMP satellite: evidence for unmodelled signals in geomagnetic field models, Geophys. J. Int. 192, 946-950, doi: 10.1093/gji/ggs093. (PDF)
- Kunagu, P. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2013, External Field Characterization Using CHAMP Satellite Data for Induction Studies, J. Earth Sys. Sci., 122 (3), 651-660, doi:10.1007/s12040-013-0306-y. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E. and Dimri, V. P., 2013, Introduction to Wavelets and Fractals, In: E. Chandrasekhar, V. P. Dimri and V. M. Gadre (Eds.) Wavelets and Fractals in Earth System Sciences, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, U.K., Pp: 1-27
- Chandrasekhar, E., Prasad, P. and Gurijala, V. G., 2013, Geomagnetic Jerks: A Study Using Complex Wavelets, In: E. Chandrasekhar, V. P. Dimri and V. M. Gadre (Eds.) Wavelets and Fractals in Earth System Sciences, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, U.K., Pp: 195-218
- Gururajan, M. P., Mitra, M., Amol, S. B. and Chandrasekhar, E., 2013, Phase field modelling of the evolution of solid-solid and solid-liquid boundaries: Fourier and wavelet implementations, In: E. Chandrasekhar, V. P. Dimri and V. M. Gadre (Eds.) Wavelets and Fractals in Earth System Sciences, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, U.K., Pp: 247-271
- Eswara Rao, V., Chandrasekhar, E., Chandrashekar, S., Rao, C. V. and Chatterjee, D., 2013, Effective delineation of formation tops using wavelet transform on well log data of Kutch offshore basin, India, Soc. Petr. Geophys. (India), SPG-2013, Expanded Abstracts, Pp:1-6
- Chandrasekhar, E and Eswara Rao, V., 2012, Wavelet Analysis of Geophysical Well-log Data of Bombay Offshore Basin, India, Math. Geosci., 44 (8), 901-928, doi:10.1007/s11004-012-9423-4. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E ., Mathew, G. and Harinarayana, T., 2012, A new hypothesis for the deep subsurface structures near the Bhuj 2001 earthquake (Mw 7.6) hypocentre zone and its tectonic implications, Geophys. J. Int., 190, 761-768, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2012.05532.x. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E ., 2011, Regional Electromagnetic Induction Studies Using Long Period Geomagnetic Variations, In: E. Petrovsky et al (eds.), The Earth’s Magnetic Interior; IAGA Special Sopron Book Series 1, doi: 10.1007/978-94-007-0323-0_3, 31-42
- Veenadhari, B., Alex, S., Kikuchi, T., Shinbori, A., Singh, R. and Chandrasekhar, E ., 2010, Penetration of magnetospheric electric fields to the equator and their effects on the low-latitude ionosphere during intense geomagnetic storms, J. Geophys. Res., 115, A03305, doi:10.1029/2009JA014562. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E., Sergio L. Fontes, Flexor, J.M., Rajaram, M. and Anand, S.P., 2009, Magnetotelluric and Aeromagnetic Investigations for Assessment of Groundwater Resources in Parnaiba Basin in Piaui State of North-East Brazil, J. Appl. Geophys 68, 269-281, doi:10.1016/j.jappgeo.2008.12.001. (PDF)
- Adhikari, S., Chandrasekhar, E ., Rao, V.E. and Pandey, V.K., 2009, On the wavelet analysis of geomagnetic jerks of Alibag magnetic observatory data, India, Proc. of XIII IAGA workshop on geomagnetic observatory instruments, Data acquisition and processing, Ed. Jeffery J. Love, USGS open-file report 2009-1226, 14-23. (PDF)
- Biswal, T.K., Ahuja, H., Patil, S.K., Kumaravel, and Chandrasekhar, E., 2008, New Eoproterozoic Pole for India: Paleomagnetic and Anisotropy of Magnetic Susceptibility Studies of the Nepheline Syenite Pluton from the Eastern Ghats Mobile Belt, IAGR Conf. Series, Vol. 5, 153-154
- Choudhury, S., Chandrasekhar, E ., Pandey, V.K. and Prasad, M., 2007, Use of wavelet transformation for geophysical well-log data analysis, IEEE Xplore, doi 10.1109/ICDSP.2007.4288665, 647-650. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E ., Rajaram, M., Anand, S.P., Sergio L. Fontes and Flexor, J.M., 2005, Aeromagnetic and Magnetotelluric Studies in Guaribas Region of Parnaiba Basin in North East Brazil for Groundwater Assessment, Proc. of 9th Int. Congress of Brazilian Geophys. Soc., 1-5. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E . and Sergio L. Fontes, 2004, A study of the ionospheric source current systems of Equinoctial (E-) season over the 1200-1500 E longitude region, Proc. of 1st regional symposium of Brazilian Geophys. Soc., 1-4. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E ., Oshiman, N. and Yumoto, K., 2003, On the role of oceans in the geomagnetic induction by Sq along the 2100 magnetic meridian region, Earth Planets Space, 55, 315-326. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E ., 2000, Geo-electrical structure of the mantle beneath the Indian region derived from the 27-day variation and its harmonics, Earth Planets Space, 52, 587-594. (PDF)
- Arora, B.R., Chandrasekhar, E . and Campbell, W.H., 2000, Upper mantle electrical conductivity distribution beneath the Indian sub-continent, Research Highlights in Earth System Sciences, Department of Science & Technology, (Eds. O.P. Varma and T.M. Mahadevan), Ind. Geol. Cong., Vol. 1, 143-150
- Chandrasekhar, E . and Alex, S., 1996, On the anomalous features of the geomagnetic quiet-day field variations at Nagpur, India, Geophys. J. Int., 127, doi:10.1111/j.1365-246X.1996.tb04048.x, 703-707. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E . and Arora, B.R., 1996, Complex demodulation and electromagnetic response function for geomagnetic field variations at 27-day variation and its harmonics, J. Assoc., Explr. Geophys., XVII, 91-98 (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E . and Arora, B.R., 1994, On the source field geometry and geomagnetic induction in southern India, J. Geomag. Geoelectr., 46, 815-825
- Arora, B.R. and Chandrasekhar, E ., 1993, Observational evidence of the effect of source field geometry on geomagnetic induction in southern India, Annals of 3rd Intl. Congress of Brazilian Geophys. Soc., 2, 1455-1460
- Chandrasekhar, E . and Arora, B.R., 1992, Upper mantle electrical conductivity distribution beneath the Indian sub-continent using geomagnetic storm-time variations, Mem. Geol. Soc. India, 24, 149-157
- Singh, R.P., Yashkant and Sekhar, E.C., 1992, Role of electrical properties in airborne and satellite borne sensing, Adv. Space Res., 12, 59-64. (PDF)
- Chandrasekhar, E . and Arora, B.R., 1991, Determination of deep Earth electrical conductivity using long period geomagnetic variations, Proc. First Intl. Conference of Assoc. Explr. Geophys., 1, 407-413
- Unpublished Research Articles:
- Chandrasekhar, E., 2013, On the Application of Wavelet Analysis to Identify Geomagnetic Jerks in the Long-period Global Magnetic Observatory Data, Research Report submitted to ISRO (RESPOND), Department of Space, Government of India, Pp: 1-44
- Chandrasekhar, E., 2011, Electromagnetic Imaging of the Upper Mantle Beneath Indian Region by Joint Analysis of Satellite and Ground-based Magnetic Observatory Data Sets, Research Report submitted to ISRO (PLANEX), Department of Space, Government of India, Pp: 1-64
- Chandrasekhar, E . and Oshiman, N., 2002, Three dimensional (3-D) simulation of global and regional electromagnetic response of solar daily variations, Research Report submitted to Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture, Government of Japan, Pp: 1-26
- Arora, B.R. and Chandrasekhar, E ., 1999, Geomagnetism and electrical structure of the Earth, Lecture notes on Refresher course in Geophysics, University of Pune, Pune, India
- Chandrasekhar, E ., 1999, Determination of Deep Earth Electrical Conductivity Using Long Period Geomagnetic Variations, Ph.D Thesis, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India
- Conferences Organized:
- Convener for the two-day MHRD-TEQIP-KIT workshop on “Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences – Current Trends“, held during July 18-19, 2014, at VMCC, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai. (http://www.cdeep.iitb.ac.in/OAS2014)
- Co-Convener for the one-day MHRD-TEQIP Workshop on ‘Wavelets and Applications’, held on April 13, 2014, at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai.
- Convener for National Workshop on ‘Wavelets Multiresolution and Multifractal Analyses in Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences -Current Trends‘, held during February 29 – March 02, 2012, at IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai.
- Member organizing committee of the 1st Indo-German Interntional workshop on EM induction studies for Complex geological problems, held during 14-18 March, 2008, at Lonavala, India.
- Harish Ahuja (2009): Tectonic Setting of the NW Margin of the Eastern Ghats Mobile Belt and Induced Khariar Nepheline Syenite Plutons, Naupara District Orissa: A Structural, Geochronology, AMS and Paleomagnetic Study. (Joint with Prof. T. K. Biswal)
- Praveen Kumar K. V. (2013): External Source Field Characterization and Electromagnetic Induction Response of the Deep Earth Using CHAMP Satellite Magnetic Data. (Currently Scientist, NGRI, Hyderabad)
- Balasubramaniam V. R. (2013): Surface and Cross-hole Tomography Investigations Using Step-frequency Ground Penetrating Radar for Near Surface Imaging. (Currently, Scientist, NIRM, Bangalore)
- Shivam Bhardwaj (2019): Applications of Wavelets and Time-Frequency Based Approaches in the Analysis of Geophysical Data (Joint with Prof. V. M. Gadre, EE Dept., IITB). (Working as Scientist at ‘Fractals.ai’)
- Deshmukh Ramesh (2020): Geoelectrical Mapping of the Deep Subsurface Along the Eastern Ghats Mobile Belt (EGMB), India, Using Magnetotelluric and Electrical Resistivity Imaging Studies. (Currently, working in GSI)
- Shenvi Nayana Narayan (Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Goa College of Engineering, Goa) (Ongoing) (External Supervisor): Predictive Modelling of Total Electron Content Data in the Ionosphere Using Machine Learning Techniques. (Currently, a faculty in GCE, Goa)
- Dhruba Jyoti Barman (Ongoing) Title: TBD.
- Amitosh Chandra (Ongoing). Title: TBD.
- Subhrashis Adhikari (2007): Wavelet Analysis of Geomagnetic Jerks.
- Suryyendu Choudhury (2007): Rock Physics Analysis of Well-log Data From Bombay-high North, India.
- Eshwara Rao, Vijinigiri. (2010): Reservoir Characterization Using Wavelet Transform.
- Padmasri Morri (2012): Magnetotelluric Investigations and Their Relation to Seismotectonics in Kachchh Region, Gujarat, India.
- Madhusudhan Rao (2012): Wavelet Analysis of Off-shore Well-log Data.
- Subhakar Dandamudi (2015): Reservoir Characterization Using Well-log Data: A study using Fractal and Multifractal Analyses. (Department topper in M.Tech; Institute Silver Medalist)
- Gaurav Siddharth Gairola (2016): Empirical Mode Decomposition Analysis of Geophysical Well-log Data. (Department topper in M.Tech; Institute Silver Medalist)
- Sanjana Prabhudesai (2016): Multifractal Analysis of Ionospheric Total Electron Content Data. (Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Goa College of Engineering, Goa. University topper in M.Tech) (Currently doing Ph.D at UCLA).
- Charudatta Gurudas Korde (2017): Investigation of Seismogenic Precursors Using Ionospheric Total Electron Content Data (Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Goa College of Engineering, Goa).
- Priyanka Padiyar (2018): Wavelet-based Prediction of Nonlinear Geophysical Signals (Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Goa College of Engineering, Goa). Currently working as a lecturer.
M.Sc (Applied Geophysics)
|Name of the student||Area of Specilisation||Year|
|Manas Anand||Magnetotelluric Studies||2007|
|Rnajan Pradhan||Magnetotelluric Studies||2008|
|Ravins Singh||Geophysical Signal Processing||2009|
|Ascharya Choubey||Electrical resistivity Studies||2009|
|Aurobindo Behra||Electrical resistivity Studies||2009|
|Sanjeev Srivastava||Electrical resistivity Studies||2010|
|Pritesh Singh||Electrical resistivity Studies||2010|
|Jitendra Vaish||Geophysical Signal Processing||2010|
|Deepak Prakash||Magnetotelluric Studies||2011|
|Prakash Ranjan||Electrical resistivity, Remotesensing and GIS||2011|
|Pothana Prasad||Wavelet Analysis, Geomagnetism||2011|
|Rajiv Kumar||Wavelet Analysis, MT Studies||2011|
|Sheffali Singh||Non-linear dynamics, Geomagnetism||2012|
|Chhavi Jain||Wavelet Analysis, Geomagnetism||2012|
|Dinesh Kumar||Geophysical Signal Processing||2014|
|Nagesh Kumar||Electrical Resistivity Imaging||2014|
|Y. Vishnu Vardhan||Multifractal Studies: Geomagnetism||2015|
|Bodhisatwa Saha||EMD Analysis: Geophysical Well-log data||2016|
|Tukai Das||Multifractal Studies, Geomagnetism||2016|
|Bipul Vikash||Multifractal Studies, Seismological data||2017|
|Manoj Kumar||Heterogeneity analysis using EMD; Seismological data||2018|
|Pankaj Kumar||Multifral Studies; Seismological data||2018|
|Yashpal Singh Tomar||Multifral Studies; Hyperspectral Remote sensing data||2018|
|Nripendra Singh||Multifral Studies: Well-log Data||2019|
|Deeksha||Multifral Studies: VLF-EM Data||2019|
Heterogeneity study using
HHT: Seismological Data
Wavelet analysis: Well-log data
COMSOL Application: Structural Geology problem
Wavelet analysis of TEC and Scintillation data
Multifractal analysis of Well data
1. Mr. Vishal Mulchandani, IIT Roorkee, 2016
2. Ms. Pallavi Sahoo, IIT Roorkee, 2017
3. Mr. Raj Bhutwala, IIT Kharagpur, 2019
1. Mr. Satyanarayana, 2005-06
2. Ms. Sravanthi, 2009-2010
3. Mr. Gangadhar V. Gurijala, 2011-2012
A short course on ‘Characterization of Geophysical Signals Using Multifractal Analysis‘ held on September 02, 2017 at 18th Annual Conference of IAMG 2017, at Perth, Australia.
MHRD-TEQIP-KIT Workshop on Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences-Current Trends (OAS 2014) (Workshop Report PDF)
National workshop on “Wavelets, Multiresolution and Multifractal Analyses in Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences -Current trends”, held during Feb 29 – March 02, 2012, at IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India.